Thursday 3 November 2016

BUT, First love yourself...







We often hear people talk about loving themselves and being confident and happy in their own skin: But we need to love yourself to love ourselves before loving anyone else. In the past years I have learnt truly the power of loving myself from deep within without any doubt. At times I feared being rejected or being judged hence hindering myself from thinking that I am beautiful or that I have any potential to do greater things in my life or that of the people around me.




You are so stylish for a person your size is what I get from people making small talk about my weight. Listen, growing up I didn't think I was any different from other people until I noticed how people referred to me compared to how they did my peers. To be honest I wasn't aware at all. I was a child I didn't think about how I looked; I was only concerned with playing no worries in life nothing. One day I decided I will worry about loving myself, instead of the idea of other people loving me. It just didn't matter anymore I dont have anything to prove to anyone. I choose to be happy in my own skin, I am comfortable in my own skin. Happiness meant that I am choose to love myself and being less concerned with the approval of others.




My style is really hard to pin point so I love to stay comfortable. I change between being African chic, vintage, tom boy and minimalist depending on my mood. I styled this simple laid back look for this shoot at Mondior with photographer Jerald Malebe. I loved how well it went with the background and Im sure to wear this look again for an outing. My shirt is from a thrift store and the mum high waist denim from BBS market. The platform heels I bought a few years back from Options. For someone with my body type it is always wise to wear a loose top with tight bottoms and vice versa to balance the outfit as well as hide away problem area around usually being the midsection. It is all in how you style your looks to suit you. Dont limit yourself, take risks and have fun styling your looks. Most importantly love yourself.

To love yourself means to accept yourself as you are and to come to terms with those aspects of yourself that you cannot change. It means to have self-respect, a positive self-image, and unconditional self-acceptance.-By Z. Hereford

No comments:

Post a Comment