Thursday 8 December 2016

SOUL SISTA

WHY IT PAYS OFF TO DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT AND STAYING TRUE TO YOUR OWN STYLE.






I went thrifting a few weeks ago and I saw this amazing blue dress which reminded me of my soul sista days. When I ONLY wore maxi skirts and dresses with my chuck Taylor and I accessorized with so many bangles and huge chunky neck pieces. I still do that but I wear other trendy styles I feel at that time. Speaking of other styles I hate it when people say people lose themselves in trends. Trends are a part of the fashion industry. They are what makes fashion fun and exciting. However being in the fashion industry(or not)  you aren't forced to follow any trend and this does not give you any right to judge those who choose to follow them. Following a trend doesn't mean you are losing yourself or your style. I think you follow a trend that goes or that matches your style. My being soulful is made up of bits and pieces of vintage, street, classy styles I feel comfortable in. I am not trying to fit in. I do me.



Of course your environment determines how you dress however your environment usually only determines if  dressing in your area suits it.




Care less about what people think about you and more about yourself. I am happier with my dresses, maxi skirts, head wraps, chokers and shades and of course chuck taylor.



Photographer: Photogenix
MakeUp: Beulah's Beauty Haven
Jewelry: Tribe
Stylist: Bonolo Simply Soulful B
Wardrobe: Bonolo Simply Soulful B
Location: Somewhere in Gaborone



3 comments:

  1. I totally agree trends are a part of fashion and when you happen to follow one you incorporate your own personal style in it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree trends are a part of fashion and when you happen to follow one you incorporate your own personal style in it

    ReplyDelete